Blueprint: Backing BIPOC Businesses™ is a mentorship and grant program designed to support the advancement of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC) business owners across Canada.
For a second year, 100 business owners will be selected to take part in a comprehensive mentorship program designed to provide the tools, resources and community to help BIPOC entrepreneurs thrive - plus, participants get a $10,000 CAD grant to help take their business to the next level.
Blueprint is powered by the DMZ, in consultation with BIPOC-focused community organizations across Canada. The Blueprint mentorship program is made possible by a grant from the American Express Foundation. Additionally, American Express Canada is contributing $1,000,000 in grants to be disbursed to the 100 selected participants.
Daniel Smith, Owner, OnlyTheStrong (Personal Training Facility)
Blueprint participants get access to
- A 15-week curated mentorship and training program, delivered virtually, by subject matter experts and mentors
- Tailored programing to help participants with industry-specific challenges and offer tailored insights on proven strategies for success in their sectors
- A community network of Blueprint participants from across Canada connected through small group training and social events
- Online resources and learning materials designed to support the BIPOC small business community
- A $10,000 grant to help unlock the next stage of their business growth
How it works
Check the FAQs to make sure your business is eligible
Program applications under review.
Selected participants will receive a grant letter by August 16th, 2022.
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM STARTS
Mentorship program begins August 30th 2022 and runs until December 9th, 2022.
To be eligible for Blueprint, an applicant must:
- Identify as a member of the BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour) community
- Be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent resident of Canada, or Hold Current and Valid Authorization under the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Be a founder, owner, or hold a senior position within a privately held, for-profit company, where the company is at least 50% owned by BIPOC owners or founders
- Have a business incorporated in Canada, where the business is primarily operated and managed in Canada, with a maximum of $500,000 CAD in annual revenue
- Your business must be currently active in the Canadian market or have been previously active in the Canadian market (i.e. made sales and/or have an existing customer base
- Speak English or French fluently
- 2021 selected Blueprint participants are not eligible to re-apply to the program in 2022
For more information on eligibility, including excluded industries, and the selection process, please refer to the FAQ.
Blueprint: Backing BIPOC Businesses is powered by the DMZ with programming developed in consultation with BIPOC-focused community and business organizations across Canada.
Blueprint Information Toolkit
Want to help spread the word about Blueprint? Download the toolkit to access resources and program information to share with your network, or on your own channels.Access Now
In the News
Check out some of the news coverage on Blueprint from last year!
For questions relating to the Blueprint mentorship and grant program, please contact email@example.com.