Our pre-incubator program
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR SEPTEMBER 2022APPLY NOW
Not sure if you qualify for this program or want to learn more? Get in touch with our Recruitment Lead here.
The DMZ’s Bootcamp helps early-stage tech founders validate their business idea, minimum viable product and build a roadmap for implementation to launch a startup. After 6 weeks, the top startups pitch their businesses to secure a spot in the DMZ's Incubator where they will receive up to $25K in entry grant funding, 18+ months of additional support, and more.
What you get
Over the course of 6 weeks, this program gives founders exposure to the different domains important in building a venture: sales, marketing, operations, fundraising, technology, finance, leadership and more. The Bootcamp program consists of founder roundtables and peer to peer sessions, expert-led workshops, and dedicated one-on-one support from our Program Leads. Upon completing the program, startups should be ready to launch within three months and generate revenue within six months.
The DMZ looks for exceptional founders to support on their journey to build, grow, and scale high-calibre tech companies. The Bootcamp helps accelerate readiness for the Incubator program, which takes a customized approach to support the next generation of successful tech startups over an 18-month program. Towards the end of each Bootcamp cohort, startups pitch their companies. The top startups are fast tracked into the DMZ's Incubator where they'll receive up to $25K in grant funding upon entry, 18+ months of hands-on support, and more.
There are no membership fees to join the Bootcamp, but in exchange for this support, the DMZ asks for 2.5% equity from Bootcamp companies in the form of options. Bootcamp graduates that enter the DMZ Incubator program do not provide any additional equity for the Incubator’s 18 months of support.
Founders must submit an application to be considered for the Bootcamp. For program eligibility, please see Selection Criteria below.
Bootcamp startups receive:
- Curated workshops from industry experts and 1:1 time with the DMZ's Experts-in-Residence
- Bi-weekly progress check-ins with DMZ Program Leads
- Founder peer-to-peer (P2P) sessions
- Weekly SURFs (Stand Up Rapid Fire)
- Access to marketing and PR opportunities and exclusive community events through the DMZ
- Perks from 80+ partners valued at over $470K CAD in business savings
- A $5K grant for startups with a Black founder and/or for startups that have Supply AI eligibility
- The opportunity to pitch to secure a spot in the DMZ Incubator for 18+ months of more support, up to $25K in entry grant funding, and more
Get started perks valued at over $470K
Through the DMZ's partnerships, Bootcamp startups receive exclusive perks from 80+ partners valued at over $470K in business savings. Check out some of them below.
At minimum applicants for the Bootcamp should:
- Have at least one participating founder and ideally, a dedicated tech lead
- Have a business idea dedicated to solving a compelling problem using innovative technology
- Be actively working on validating their product
- Have the potential to transition into the DMZ Incubator program at the end of the Bootcamp
- Be driven, coachable, and collaborative
- Have an early MVP
Argentina NitsopoulosPrograms Assistant
Mohi SaniselPrograms Lead
Tina MbachuPrograms Lead
Take a look at the mentors that support our Bootcamp companies.
Anthony LauProduct, Sales
Hackim FarrellCybersecurity, Product
Karen HoggCustomer Success
Manu KabahiziProduct, Fundraising
Through the Professional-in-Residence (PiR) program, DMZ founders have direct access to senior leadership at vetted companies, all under the DMZ roof. One-on-one strategic consultation meetings are pro-bono and any projects or work arising thereafter (at the founder's discretion) is offered at DMZ exclusive discounted rates.