Oct 4th - Dec 8th, 2022
Newcomer Entrepreneurship Program
A virtual ideation program to support newcomer entrepreneurs across Canada
Compete for one of 10 grants worth $2,000 in funding!
The DMZ's Newcomer Entrepreneurship Program is a FREE 10-week nation wide virtual ideation program that helps newcomers to Canada, and organizations that support them, develop capacity on the business fundamentals of starting a company within Canada.
Newcomers tap into their potential and learn how to develop and market business ideas with the help of their peers, industry mentors and successful entrepreneurs. This is an opportunity for newcomers to gain practical Canadian ecosystem knowledge and experience. Participants will ultimately have the opportunity to put into practice their learnings to develop companies solving the world's biggest problems.
This program has been brought to life by the generous sponsorship of the Future Skills Centre.
What's in it for you?
- 1:1 mentoring with DMZ Program Leads
- Connections to successful newcomer entrepreneurs to share their stories and lessons
- Customized workshops to help newcomers develop a successful business in Canada
- 1:1 pitching coaching sessions with a DMZ expert
- Opportunities to engage with other motivated newcomers across Canada
- Tailored meetings with our Investor Relations team to gain an understanding of the Canadian funding landscape
- Compete for one of 10 grants worth $2,000 of funding!
What you'll learn
Sales and negotiation
Insight into the Canadian ecosystem
Design Thinking methodology
And so much more
Week by week
Program Validation & PrototypingWeek 1: Entrepreneurship 101
Week 2: Goal Setting
Week 3: Design Thinking & Prototyping
Go To MarketWeek 4: Social Media & Personal Branding
Week 5: Canadian Legal Landscape
Week 6: Sales
Pitching & StorytellingWeek 7: Pitching
Week 8: Investors & Fundraising
Week 9: Leadership
Demo DayWeek 10: Program Finals
This is a competitive program. To be accepted, applicants must:
- Have at least one individual who can dedicate 2-4 hours a week to the program
- Be driven, coachable, and collaborative team
- Be looking to develop or support a tech based company
They must also meet one of the following:
- A newcomer to Canada (under 5 years landed)
- A grassroots organization looking to better support newcomer entrepreneurs
- Intrapreneurs working within larger organizations orientated towards supporting newcomer entrepreneurs
Ready to build?APPLY NOW
ADMISSIONApplications open Monday, August 22nd, 2022
Application DeadlineSeptember 10th
Application ResultsSeptember 12th - 16th
Interview DateSeptember 12th - 23rd
Final DecisionSeptember 30th
Program OnboardingOctober 4th