FlowPress works with large corporate clients to manage their WordPress based infrastructure and we’re looking for a new Senior Developer to join our growing team.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to combine your natural creativity, leadership and problem solving skills with your love of clean code and WordPress, then this might be the position for you.
– Code isn’t just poetry, it’s love
– You love GIT (when you fork, it’s not just food)
– You’ve worked with teams in a scrum or agile environment
– You love clean, standardized code
– You understand the need for highly performant websites and what to measure.
– You tinker with build systems like Gulp, Grunt and generally love automation
– You understand deployment processes and
automated integration tests. It’s possible you’ve had some experience with tools such as Strider-CD, CircleCI, or Jenkins
You have the urge to convert CSS to SASS.
You’ve worked with various APIs to send data back and forth between multiple services.
You have an understanding of how modular development works
You have at least 5 years of experience within the WordPress world.
You use filters and hooks to manipulate WordPress and don’t mix logic with templates unnecessarily.
You’re an enqueue’ing ninja and know how to properly register and enqueue assets within your plugins and themes.
You’ve written plugins, and you practice DRY (don’t repeat yourself) and KISS (keep it simple, stupid).
You’ve looked into WordPress Core and have a solid understanding of how the stack functions.
You are confident that when you see a WSOD (white screen of death) you know where to start debugging.
You’ve dealt with WordPress websites that don’t perform up to par and crash servers under heavy load.
You know what it means to profile a PHP app
You’re familiar with WordPress the database structure and could update a post and its metadata without the UI.
You have an understanding of how page builders work and have built custom drag and drop modules to work with tools like Beaver Builder.
You have experience working with building custom Gutenberg modules.
You don’t mind communicating with clients and are willing to work directly with them if necessary.
You have a good understanding of user experience both on the front end and back end
Position type: Full Time Remote
Salary Range: $70,000 to $90,000 CDN plus extended health/dental, annual bonus, cell phone and home internet allowance and other benefits.
If you think you might be a fit, please send your resume and/or a link to your GIT repository along with a brief cover letter or email to email@example.com
Papercurve is an affordable cloud based review tool built for fast-growing life sciences companies.
At Papercurve, you’ll be working on our flagship product. The Papercurve platform targets companies in the life sciences industry such as pharmaceutical companies as well as companies in the cannabis industry.
The core product’s backend is written in Ruby on Rails (API mode) with React for the frontend (Create React App).
We utilize Amazon’s suite of web services (AWS), S3/EC2/RDS with a move towards ECS. Our database of choice is Postgres and we use Redis for job queueing.
GitLab is our repository host of choice and we will be moving to CI/CD to further elevate our development workflow.
Getting Started at Papercurve
Being behind our mission and what we’re trying to accomplish is key to getting started here at Papercurve. Learning our tech stack and how features are user tested, planned, and executed will be an essential goal for the beginnings of your journey.
Tickets will be available, solving bugs and releasing them to production will provide an opportunity to really understand our technology.
Being comfortable with our stack and shifting gears to support bugs that come in from our clients and Papercurve staff. You’ll start to contribute to new and ongoing features working closely with the product and tech teams.
You will have the freedom to start pitching in higher level architectural decisions and will be responsible for assisting in the performance tracking, metrics monitoring, and stability of our platform.
Experience with React
Experience with Ruby on Rails
Experience with SQL
Bonus: Experience with AWS
What you’ll get from us
At Papercurve, you’ll find an empowering environment where people are inspired to do great work, learning and developing quickly as professionals as they create a new product to help new and thriving industries.
Our engineers work remotely with flexibility in schedules. As a Papercurve engineer, we prioritize your development over everything else. If there are areas you wish to focus on, we’ll ensure we cater a specific path to do just that. Want more backend challenges than frontend work (or vice versa?), we will try our hardest to accommodate!
Interested in something new? Please join our team!
React, Ruby on Rails, SQL, AWS
Penfield AI leverages novel AI modules to automate complex Cybersecurity decision making at scale.
Penfield.AI is a fast-growing Canadian B2B startup in the cybersecurity space. We improve the speed and accuracy of incident resolution in Security Operation Centers. Instead of replacing analysts, Penfield elevates human potential to effectively use intelligent tools to address sophisticated attacks – the ones companies are most worried about and can’t be automated. By modelling the skill sets of analysts, Penfield.AI automates numerous complex decisions and tasks, while simultaneously up-skilling analysts, de- risking businesses overall.
The Head of Marketing responsibilities:
• Defining the messaging, positioning and go-to-market strategy to enable successful product launches and campaigns and growing into new markets and segments.
• Developing targets and keeping track of key metrics of success defined by Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams
• Oversee product management, marketing, communications, brand and PR. Working across teams, especially with Sales and Customer Success.
• Developing a narrative that differentiates Penfield.AI’s product offering by understanding merchant and partner needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces.
• Ownership of the top-of-sales-funnel, generating high quality leads in collaboration with the sales team
• Develop qualitative and quantitative metrics to assess impact of activities and monitor to make adjustments for improved ROI
• Helping build holistic strategies and the products we’re building through market analysis, competitive research and partner/merchant feedback Identifying KPIs, setting targets, and analyzing the results of your initiatives
• Mid-level to Senior-level marketer with a proven track record of developing, executing and measuring successful marketing campaigns and projects
• Experience with branding strategy and go-to-market marketing strategy
• Experience with data-driven marketing, funnel management and conversions
• Ability to thrive in uncertainty and think quickly on your feet
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills – you can focus on both the big picture and pay attention to details
• Experience with B2B marketing to help drive business and product marketing strategy
• Great attitude, humble, kind and a team player
Nice to haves
• Experience with graphic design
• Experience working at a startup
• Experience in the cybersecurity ecosystem
Don’t let the job title scare you, anyone with a previous technology sales experience is welcomed. • You receive a base salary & 20% of task transactions each acquired user generates for the first 3months. Assuming you sign up 100 users, you receive 20% of all task transactions for the first 90 days. • You will sell virtually & in person to self generated leads with a set monthly quota • You are free to set your own schedule as pavleu pays based on results generated, not on hours worked, although this is all set within a certain timeline.
•Be resourceful & happy •Has had (or is willing to have a) technical sales experience •Familiar or willing to learn about pavleu
• Great communication & creativity
Micruity is a 3-year-old Insurtech startup formed to empower employers to add pension-like insurance products to their retirement plan. We do this by standardizing and automating the transaction between a life insurance company and a benefits administration system.
Based in Toronto (Ontario) and San Mateo (California), we are looking for outstanding software development talent to help build exciting new insurance products that actually help people – by alleviating the stress associated with retirement planning and financing. We are singularly focused on leading innovation in this space and building brand new capabilities.
Currently a company of seven, we value ownership, independence, collaboration, and communication… with a bias towards getting things done with measurable results. Micruity’s technology team currently consists of the CTO/Architect, Senior DevSecOps, and Senior Full-Stack Developer – supplemented by Product Analysts.
About The Role
This role is for an experienced software developer who loves creating new applications, tackling convoluted problems, and coming up with clean, stable, robust, highly available, ultra-secure solutions that scale.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a genuine passion for designing and implementing elegant software solutions. They would also be intimately familiar (and up to date) with their development ecosystem – making sound decisions when it comes to choosing the right tool or library for the job.
We expect our senior developers to suggest refinements to the technical stack, be able to contribute across the entire product line, as well as collectively oversee the integrity of the codebase.
Our Technical Stack
• AWS Serverless Application Model & Orchestration
• AWS DevSecOps (CodeCommit, CloudFormation, SecretsManager)
• AWS application infrastructure (S3, Step Functions, Lambdas, EventBridge, API Gateway, Route 53, IAM, and others)
• AWS DynamoDB NoSQL, RDS PostgreSQL
• AWS Amplify, React
• Sequelize ORM
• REST + Socket.IO, GraphQL
• Day to day, we use the usual: Slack, JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, MS Office, etc.
Required Qualifications and Skills
• A few years of experience as a professional software developer at the senior level.
• Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc.).
• Expert level familiarity with one or more front-end frameworks.
• Deep understanding of performance implications and scalability of code.
• Experience with large, complex code bases and know how to maintain them.
Good to Have
• B.Sc. degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Experience with the AWS ecosystem of products.
• Experience with frameworks compatible with Express (Feathers, Sails, Nest, etc.) and API Proxies for access control and provisioning (Terraform, MuleSoft, DreamFactory, etc.).
• Experience leveraging logging + analytics – for our common good (Logstash, Kibana).
• Keenness for writing good, meaningful tests and maintaining thorough test coverage.
• Background in FinTech or Insurtech (Insurance, Finance, Financial Services, etc.).
• Strong math abilities – everyone here is kind of geeky that way.
• Collaboratively work with product managers, engineers, data scientists, and designers to set overall development strategy and deliver high quality software.
• Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, readable, and free of technical debt, while building & improving code across the entire stack.
• Occasionally assist with recruitment, interviewing, and hiring new team members.
• Provide mentorship to junior team members, participate in design decisions and collaborate in technical reviews.
• Help the business by participating in occasional sales engineering (possible travel).
• You’re an early hire – help define our engineering culture and build our “dev machine”.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.