Finances are no longer keeping students from turning their entrepreneurial dreams into a reality. The DMZ’s Student Grant Program provides the funding, network and tailored skill coaching needed to become industry-leading innovators and change-agents.
Our selected finalists (listed below) have a cutting edge solution to some of the world’s biggest problems and are hard at work to take their business plans and pitches to the next level. They will present their ideas to a panel of judges who will determine who walks away with the cash!
Want to support these student entrepreneurs while they take the big stage?
- Thursday March 12th, 7:00PM
- DMZ Sandbox @ Ryerson’s Student Learning Centre (SLC), 341 Yonge Street, 3rd floor.
- Discover 2020’s biggest startup and tech trends.
- Build connections with DMZ’s thriving community of world-leading entrepreneurs, business leaders, tech experts and startup founders.
- Show support for the finalist!
Stage One: Eligible Finalists for $5,000 Student Grant.
- CompTech: Redefining compression therapy through our new compression tech that greatly increases the patient’s quality of life.
- Myotics: Merging prosthetics with computer vision and Artificial Intelligence to bring forth adaptable and intuitive control to forearm amputees and consequently overcome the financial limitations with modern advanced prostheses.
- SANA: We leverage existing mobile technology to connect extremely rural regions to medical personnel.
- Sensofine: Glucose monitoring packages, including patches and the app: An innovative non-invasive real-time solution for you to become the master of your blood sugar level.
- SmartEyes: A mobile application that combines object detection and audio cues to aid the blind.
- Takionics: Helping restaurants reduce food waste and operational costs by forecasting the amount of menu item sales.
Stage Two: Eligible Finalists for $10,000 Grant.
- May Contain: Connects people with food allergies to allergy-friendly restaurants, locally and abroad.
- Quad Clover: Performance monitoring leg wear that eliminates injuries arising from imbalanced physical movements or bad tendencies and, post-injury, guides and validates a successful recovery all through a real-time feedback warning system.
- Scuto: A growth and management platform for photographers. We also provide unique search tools for clients to find the perfect photographer for their wedding.
- Teem: One-stop shop SaaS platform for teamwork, where you can find your teammates, collaborate and review each other’s performance.
Stage Three: Eible Finalists for $15,000 Grant.
- Bootcamps for Change: Removing all barriers to fitness programming and industry education for youth.
- Ftr.: Industry leading recording artists, music producers, and mixing/mastering engineers available for hire at the click of a button. Collaborate effectively with ft
- Vimto: We provide education and automation of sales development to help SMEs scale internationally.
RSVP for the Sandbox Student Grant pitch night!
Learn more about The DMZ’s Student Grant Program here.
We hope to see you there!